Lovers, I Have Only One Birthday Request

11 Jan

Well lovers, my birthday is coming up.  The impending celebrations gave me cause to ponder the nature of birthdays; and after much thought, I decided that one’s birth should be celebrated all year round.  Simply because the wonderful deeds people near and far to us carry out each day deserve a little ‘heck yes, I’m so very grateful you were born and made your way into my life’.

That being said, I’m certainly not going to defy tradition and pass up on customary festivities, particularly those involving cake.  That would surely be madness.  Last year, I was fortunate enough to be gifted all sorts of wonders, including a powder blue terry towelling turban which I am just as fond of a year later. I had only one birthday request.  It was ‘a fruity cocktail for the birthday girl’, and I may or may not have recycled it numerous times over the course of celebrations.

This year I again have only one request, and it shockingly has little to do with fruity cocktails (though I wouldn’t say no…).  I will get to it in a moment, though please bear with me as I get my genuine sentimental recap on, lovers.  The past few months have been a wild ride and I am quite frankly smitten with the bizarre and awesome path I’ve landed on.  In a ridiculously short period of time yours truly has:

• Grown a darling flock right here
  • Moved Flamingo Manor beachside
  • Engaged in a bit of Cosmic foreplay
  • Survived the incessant itching of a rash
  • Quit a BA in favour of a graphic design course
  • Been given actual cash money for my word savvy
  • Elected to participate in Project Liberation this year
  • Switched from paperclip whispering to solving crime
  • Reaffirmed that fruit-basket-guy does exist – somewhere
  • Engaged in a touch of modeling thanks to the babes at Lokoa
  • Had a spiritual healer tell me I’m on course to be kicking back on a park bench in a white suit, in New York at 26 years old.
  • Been lucky enough to connect with bewitching ladies like Coach Charrise, Dyana Valentine and Erin Giles (my goodness, the things you can do with technology… my mind boggles)

In just over a week I turn 25.  I’ve heard numerous reports that I should brace myself for a quarter-life-crisis, and immediately declared immense-pish-posh on said reports.  For I have considered the insane momentum I have gathered and decided that 25 is going to roll on to be a stellar year.

And I would like you to be a part of this lovers.  My birthday request is thus:

To celebrate my 25th year in a unique fashion I am putting a call out to you for twenty-five new connections. Please.  And thank-you.

I don’t mind if you have been along with the nonsense of the Manor for a while or have just clicked in recently, I know you are fine people with distinctive taste.  For my birthday, I would like from you an introduction to someone you feel I should know.  Whether it is for business or pleasure, I would like to propel forward into my 25th year with a bevy of fresh connections to play and engage in nonsense with.  Perhaps you know someone who’s totally rocking their thing I could talk to, or you’ve taken pity I’ve not found fruit-basket-guy yet.  Or maybe you just know someone as cracked as I and think we’d get lost in a fabulous whirl of ridiculous. I want to know all of these people

Heck – perhaps you and I have never even met, but you’ve been itching to say ‘ello.  Now is the time lovers, introduce yourself as a birthday gift!  I would be delighted to say hello and delve into a new friendship.  And of course I will write a little note about the wonderful things that spur from them.

To those of you who kick your heels up in my locale, I’m most certainly for a bit of delicious face-to-face action (and if your connection intention is not of a romantic nature, you would of course be welcome).  And those who rise to the morning as I round-up the daily whatnots of the Manor, I am getting a fine handle on email, Skype and time conversion.

Alternatively, I need new luggage.  But I think an introduction would be more fun, don’t you?  So please help me celebrate 25 years of nonsense to date by perusing your contacts (of all sorts) and wrapping up a new connection for me!

I know you know the good people, and I very much look forward to meeting them all!  Let the birthday frivolity begin!

Yours in Nonsense,
Sir Flamingo xo

P.S. Gifts can be delivered to sirflamingo@gmail.com & please do spread the word.  You might know a guy who knows a guy who’s cousin’s favourite barista needs to know me.  Let’s make it happen!

11 Responses to “Lovers, I Have Only One Birthday Request”

1. charrisemccorey January 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM #

Thanks for the props…YOU are a rock star, and I can see you on that park bench. Let’s make it happen.

• sirflamingo January 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM #

Oh yes let’s! Also I’m counting your gifting Erin Giles to me as a super early present. So thank-you very, very much xo

2. Little One January 12, 2012 at 5:32 AM #

i got shots on gift two…i know a chick who’s a mad ass rapper, loves words and how they affect people and can create all different things…she’s pretty cool, i reckon you guys would get on greatly :) ill inbox u her facebook, or organise coffee or sumthing :) good luck with the other 23 peeps to meet! ;)

• sirflamingo January 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM #

Oh wow, a rapper! That is a marvelous gift! Thank-you Little One, I am very much looking forward to the connection.

3. GeekBlush January 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM #

What a wonderful request for birthday gifts! I wish I had thought of the same. I turned 25 last September myself.

Although we’ve just met via the Twitter machine (pleased to meet you!) I definitely do have somebody to refer to you for your birthday wishes. She doesn’t know me, but I read her blog every so often (I’m a lurker! Ha!) and I’ve been wanting to purchase her first book ever since it came out.

By the way, I really like the way you write. You have a very creative and elegant way of explaining things. I shall forward the gifted information over to you very soon!

–The girl from GeekBlush

• sirflamingo January 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM #

Well GeekBlush girl,
      Firstly, thank-you for the compliment! And secondly, thank-you for the gift, I snuck over to my electronic mail and found the information. It’s such a wonderful connection you’ve given.

It’s been lovely having you here xo

4. Erin Giles January 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM #

You are so sweet love:) So pleased to know Charrise setting us up was a bday gift:) I will get one on the way to you soon:)

xo,
    Erin

• sirflamingo January 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM #

It wasn’t officially Lady Erin, but it was certainly too splendid of a connection not to include! And as it is of course my birthday celebration, Flamingo Rules apply xo

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Chicago Liz’s Birthday Note « sirflamingo - January 22, 2012

[...] blown away by the exceptional humans being gifted to me as per my birthday request.  Which is here if you want to join in the fun.  But I’ve been lucky enough to get actual presents as [...]

2. Presenting: Jubilation Eternal (a list) « sirflamingo - January 30, 2012

[...] for quite some time.  I will shortly be sending out the thank-you note for all who kindly gifted me new connections.  However as in accordance with the philosophy of Flamingo Manor – celebrate immediately and [...]

3. A Thank-you Note. « sirflamingo - February 5, 2012

[...] to share with you.  It is a thank-you note for all the wonderful giftings from my 25-connection birthday request.  The last of them are still trickling in but it’s best not to leave these things too [...]

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 484 other followers