And I’m too sexy for this top-hat.

21 Nov

“And I’m too sexy for my hat.  Too Sexy for my hat.  What do you think about that?” – Right Said Fred.

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to Lokoa Leather HQ by the gorgeous Brie and Alex to have a look around, and get some photos taken.  You see Alex is also a photographer; she and Brie shot the entire catalogue for their latest collection Lost in Paradise themselves (under Bali sunsets, mind you).

It all came about because I thought that although my eyes are quite lovely, the tragically pixellated image I was trying to pass off as a header needed freshening up.  Desperately.  So the ladies kindly invited me to HQ to do a bit of a photo shoot in and around the gardens.  Of course I said yes, and scuttled out of Flamingo Manor, barely remembering to put pants on.

I hadn’t done any modeling since I was not long hatched; and that ended with me crying my head off quite loudly whilst sitting on a log wishing I could go eat cake.  Of course, the shots came out angelically, but I was a right diva of a 3-year-old to work with.  Given this, my modeling techniques were a roughly a couple decades rusty and if it wasn’t for the expertise and direction of Alex and Brie (who kindly stepped in as assistant) the shots would have turned out less an elegant, sassy Flamingo and more of a turkey.

The whole shebang was outrageously fun.  I wore leopard tights, a snappy coat, and a Divine Creatures wings necklace.  Sadly I had misplaced my own top hat so nipped across town and pilfered one from my mother’s antiques collection (terribly sorry mum, it’s love – I don’t think I can return it), and sipped out of my favourite teacup.  Of course most of the shots clearly show there is no tea in the teacup.  But I was very thirsty and Lokoa HQ is a nuisance of a maze to get around that I finished the tea before we go to the gardens. So, sooo big.  The mind boggles.

Anyhow I’m super flustered by the results, and delighted that even though many of the shots captured my puzzlement at a Genghis Khan statue on a balcony over yonder – there were quite a few great ones (which I’ve popped down below for your perusal, lovers).  Once again, I’d like to extend many thanks to the Lokoa girls for their time and effort.  I’m very grateful I got to play model for a wee while.  And even though my shoot was itty bitty, I have a whole new respect for the behind the scenes efforts of a photo shoot. As far as patience goes, I’m working on it; and perhaps would bludgeon someone on the head with a lens if I were involved any further. Thank goodness my thing is nonsense.

Brie, Photographer's Assistant Extraordinaire

My very expensive monocle

Modelling is exhausting

I may have taken a quick nap

But after a quick cup of imaginary tea...

... I was back in the game. Giving my best tiger.

And thinking 'gee, this grass is a bit wet isn't it?'

Of course I must include a 'Serious Model' shot.

Lots of love to the Lokoa girls!  If you want to check out Alex’s other photography efforts click here.  Clicking here leads you to Lokoa’s official site and their blog is launching soon here.  I thoroughly recommend you click all three.

Yours in Nonsense,

Sir Flamingo xo

11 Responses to “And I’m too sexy for this top-hat.”

1. alex November 21, 2011 at 8:38 AM #

AMAZING!!!! Love it..you are such a talent! x

2. Ady November 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM #

Looks like great fun.

3. sirflamingo November 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM #

Lady Alex – Thank you for all those exclamation marks lovely. It’s true my hair and eyeliner came through on the day but I’m quite sure it’s your photography efforts that warrant so much !!! action. I think perhaps I’ll put you on staff, just to capture candid moments throughout my days at the Manor. You know, special moments like brushing my teeth & scratching the back of my knee.

Good Sir Ady – Thanks for visiting, it was indeed ridiculous fun.

4. athenenians November 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM #

I LOVE the new look! It is much brighter, and having seen you in the flesh – I was a little tired of the pixelated eyes, seeing as though your unpixelated eyes are deep with colour and super gorgeous. The photos look great! I love the new bright look!

• sirflamingo November 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM #

Lady Athenenians I had hoped you wouldn’t notice the difference, but wildly glad you are enjoying the refurbish. Thank you.

5. poppet November 22, 2011 at 1:11 AM #

what kind of tea?

• sirflamingo November 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM #

Hello Poppet, lovely to have you back again. I’m still quite fond of the French Earl Grey, with a dash of honey and a splash of milk.

What’s your favourite?

• poppet November 23, 2011 at 2:29 AM #

hello sir,
        Well at the moment I am loving a blend from T2 thats called Melbourne Breakfast. But earl grey is my go to tea as always.

There is a website called itea.com.au where you can make your own blends etc for $5.00 and free delivery, Highly recommended.

6. creativegremlin November 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM #

Those are some seriously great photos! It looks like it was a lot of fun for all concerned, for someone who hasn’t modeled since you were a tot you did a great job and the photographer is very good indeed!

• sirflamingo November 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM #

Why thank-you Lady Whit, coming from a model this is indeed lovely to hear.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Lovers, I Have Only One Birthday Request « sirflamingo - January 11, 2012

[...] in a touch of modeling thanks to the babes at [...]

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 484 other followers